A.D.A. Amiga Demoscene Archive

Welcome guest!

Demos Amiga Demoscene Archive Forum / Parties / Revision 2012
 Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  »» 
Charlie
#1 - Posted: 28 Nov 2011 12:41
Reply Quote
Gentlemen, start your mad coding skills! :) Revision 2012 is about to happen, the Allmigthy Skoda is ready, the compo Amiga is ready, and I'm ready. Everything is now up to you! :)
Corial
#2 - Posted: 28 Nov 2011 13:10
Reply Quote
Even though I had decided that Revision 2011 ended my Eastertradition, I am going once again, even though I told Dodge that I was planning on staying at home....what a mess :-)
Charlie
#3 - Posted: 28 Nov 2011 13:42
Reply Quote
@Corial:
I was thinking BP2010 was my last Easterparty. I even promised that to my girlfriend, now imagine that... :P (BTW, she's still with me, even if I keep doing this, which looks totally insane in her eyes. :)
bstrr
#4 - Posted: 28 Nov 2011 23:50
Reply Quote
I remember stating that MS'97 was my last easter-party... "yeah right" :D
I'm going for sure and I'll bring the a1260 that Corial was so nice to drop off here at my place! \o/
Corial
#5 - Posted: 29 Nov 2011 08:23
Reply Quote
Do remember to drop by the DUB delegation at Revision. Bstrr's "Trylledrik" is a fantastic drink and it really makes you happy. Happy and loud. Oh, and we have d'n'b there, but that should not come as a big surprise. There is also peppersnaps, but that is really crap. I had a shot of that poison after the glorious TRSAC run, and my god it's bloody awful - you should try it :-D
jack_3d
#6 - Posted: 29 Nov 2011 11:18
Reply Quote
I just started to work on demo last weekend ;o) I will be on Revision for sure and I hope with more czech pals then last year.
britelite
#7 - Posted: 29 Nov 2011 13:51
Reply Quote
Already booked my flights, but still doubtful if I'll make anything for the AMIGAAAAAH this time
d0DgE
#8 - Posted: 29 Nov 2011 23:49
Reply Quote
Sooooo ... am I right to assume that you're going for the demo slot then, Corial & Bstrr ?
Just checking because if there will be no sign of another intro production I'm thinking of raising the ante too
and give the folks and myself more room for music and graphics - still in oldschool boundaries RAM-wise, though.

Now I have to get bottom up and do some try-outs on the FX shootin' range.
If only Doc.K would be a little more frequent with KC-85 or even Amiga stuff.
Corial
#9 - Posted: 30 Nov 2011 06:00
Reply Quote
Dodge,nono - I am going for another 64k and I have made the first effekt already.Let me know in advance,if I need to make the usual compofiller.
bonkers
#10 - Posted: 30 Nov 2011 11:05
Reply Quote
Smashing!

Well, last year was our first non-party easter for yonks and I tell you it was weird, will definitely avoid doing the same mistake this year.
Blueberry
#11 - Posted: 30 Nov 2011 15:55
Reply Quote
Time to dust off the Amiga again...
d0DgE
#12 - Posted: 30 Nov 2011 16:06
Reply Quote
All right then. 64k it is :D
Corial
#13 - Posted: 30 Nov 2011 18:17
Reply Quote
Awesome,dodge - I look forward to our vodkashots :-)
dodke
#14 - Posted: 30 Nov 2011 18:59
Reply Quote
I'll try coming this time for change as well. after a few years of silence...
Corial
#15 - Posted: 30 Dec 2011 21:52
Reply Quote
Flighttickets bought. I'm travelling with Curt Cool this yeah \o/
Corial
#16 - Posted: 11 Jan 2012 07:38
Reply Quote
\o/ yeah!!! First part coded and linked in the introsystem :-D
d0DgE
#17 - Posted: 22 Jan 2012 17:58
Reply Quote
Storyboard is clear (for the first time since All City :D ).
Novel has received my contemplation of the fitting soundtrack and the
base for the full screen background effects -- which is a form of crude c2p routine --
is pretty much done.
Also I finally could wrap my brain around the concept of Vertical Blank Interrupts \o/
and implement it in my framework.
Corial
#18 - Posted: 23 Jan 2012 18:35
Reply Quote
Keep it up, dodge! I hope to get time to work on my fifth part this week.I am reeeeally trying to get everything finished early this year.
z5_
#19 - Posted: 6 Feb 2012 12:25 - Edited
Reply Quote
Ghostown and Elude are looking for some competition to get their butts kicked (or vice versa) (nothing like a bit of competition to get the motivation going :))

I got the following press statement straight from their PR department in Poland:

We all remember last year's great Amiga demo compo at Revision. But the sad fact is that the number of contributions was so low that it barely covered the minimal amount of productions required for the compo to take place. We even began to wonder if it's not actually a twilight of Amigascene...

While 8-bit scene appears to be slowly waking up from its slumber, the Amiga is still in a coma. Maybe it's time to wake up eventually?

Let's bring back the mighty spirit of the Amiga scene again. Prove to the world that Amiiigaaah demoscene is still able to kick some ass!

We call upon all the talented sceners out there - move your lazy butts and do something for Revision 2012! Remember the fire that burnt in us during the glory days of Kefrens, Sanity or Andromeda? Remember the parties with 20 Amiga entries and the heart-stopping moments when we were ruling the scene, so proud of the fact that we are Amigians? We do believe the flame has never gone out and we still can light it up.

Keep in mind that Amiga groups can compete in four compos this year: Amiga Demo and Intro for 32-bit AGA machines and Oldschool Demo and 4K Intro for 16 bit OCS Amigas. We only need to believe in Amiga again.
We don't want it to be the last Amiga demo compo in the history, right?

Ghostown & Elude, 5.II.2012
d0DgE
#20 - Posted: 7 Feb 2012 00:22
Reply Quote
We've been through this easter-party-venue-change cliffhanger at least once.
At the first Breakpoint in 2003 (a.k.a. Freezepoint) there were only 3 demos and 3 4k intros.
The 64k competition got canceled right away and everybody whimpered "the Amiga scene is deader than a hammer."

The following year the "zombie" Amiga people came back with a vengance and wiped the floor with the infidel yokels that predicted the end a year before.
It was also the first time for us to appear on the bigscreen with an executable /o\

Everytime a great party-series ends a number of people stay cautious to the new venue. But since the
easter tradition is somewhat of a guaranteer for pure scene party experience, it always turned out to be better and bigger the 2nd year.
Revision 2011 had approximately 800 visitors. No doubt there will be more this year.
Corial
#21 - Posted: 10 Feb 2012 11:24
Reply Quote
Phew, busy times getting stuff ready for Revision.....and during this period, I have also been to jobinterviews, so a tough combination of real-life stuff combined with demoscene....phew!
Blueberry
#22 - Posted: 19 Feb 2012 01:19
Reply Quote
z5_
#23 - Posted: 19 Feb 2012 02:33
Reply Quote
Haha awesome <3

Judging by the pictures, everything seems to be going according to plan :)
Corial
#24 - Posted: 19 Feb 2012 09:33
Reply Quote
Now that's going to hurt when you wake up :-).Looks like a....ehm,very creative session.Now I understand where you get all your ideas from.
bonkers
#25 - Posted: 19 Feb 2012 15:54
Reply Quote
Haha, looks amazing a proper demo creation session. Looking forward to see the result.
dalton
#26 - Posted: 20 Feb 2012 21:41
Reply Quote
Yay!

I Really wish Tulou was joining the competition this year, but we're not =(
Will enjoy your demos on the live stream, and hope for a strong comeback next year!
d0DgE
#27 - Posted: 22 Feb 2012 23:16
Reply Quote
...oh no, not again
Corial
#28 - Posted: 27 Feb 2012 10:28
Reply Quote
So, we are codecomplete now. Everything is linked and currently in a state of vomit :-D. Testgraphics...yikes!
d0DgE
#29 - Posted: 27 Feb 2012 10:39
Reply Quote
Major scenes built. Still waitin' for the tune and textures.
Effects are about to be implemented. It's all test graphics and textures here as well :[####
Corial
#30 - Posted: 27 Feb 2012 11:12
Reply Quote
dodge, vodkashots after the compo again this year, right?
 Page:  1  2  3  4  5  6  »»