A.D.A. Amiga Demoscene Archive

Welcome guest!

Demos Amiga Demoscene Archive Forum / Demos / Dear Santa...

skan
#1 - Posted: 13 Dec 2006 14:56
Reply Quote
...since i've been a daaamn good boy for the whole year, can u bring me final releases of Starstruck, Lux Aeternae and some shiny brand-new stuff as well?

thx

Skanboy
z5_
#2 - Posted: 13 Dec 2006 19:27
Reply Quote
@skan:

:o) I know how you're feeling.

I think we'll see some smashing stuff at BP next year though.
Kalms
#3 - Posted: 14 Dec 2006 04:00
Reply Quote
We're honestly trying, but I'm literally swamped with schoolwork this fall/winter.
skan
#4 - Posted: 14 Dec 2006 09:42
Reply Quote
@ meister Kalms:

Ok, i didn't say Xmas 2006 anyway... ;)
skan
#5 - Posted: 18 Dec 2006 09:34
Reply Quote
@Kalms again

well, c'mon, just fix it a bit so i can watch it on my 48Mb setup, pleeze! ;D
Herb
#6 - Posted: 18 Dec 2006 21:28
Reply Quote
@ Kalms:
... and please ask Blaizer for a release of the 44 kHz version of Wasted, or maybe for a CD with all those great tunes :))) I would pay for it!

Or just convince him to register here so we can ask him! ;)
Kalms
#7 - Posted: 19 Dec 2006 03:38 - Edited
Reply Quote
... ok, at least this can be provided quickly:

ftp://mirror.support.nl/pub/tbl/audio/OceanMachine .mp3
ftp://mirror.support.nl/pub/tbl/audio/Silkcut.mp3
ftp://mirror.support.nl/pub/tbl/audio/Wasted.mp3

(I seem to have displaced the full-quality version of the Starstruck music)

Above mentioned links are subject to change without prior notice.
skan
#8 - Posted: 19 Dec 2006 17:48
Reply Quote
oh, sad, since Startstuck tune kicks ass indeed! :)
hope u can find it sooner or later... along with an high quality Perfect Circle tune as well... ;)
even if i guess there're no many chances since that's a tracked tune, right?
Well, TCG could re-track it with high-quality samples one day! :D
/me keeps on dreaming...
Kalms
#9 - Posted: 19 Dec 2006 18:54
Reply Quote
z5_
#10 - Posted: 19 Dec 2006 19:00
Reply Quote
Damn, Blaizer's tune are just smashing (well, even non-blaizer tbl tunes are mostly great). Olof rules. I really loved the work he did for Merregnon aswell (specially the first volume).

And thanks for the Wasted tune. Great.

Is Olof doing game music at present? And if yes, for which games / company (dice?).
Kalms
#11 - Posted: 19 Dec 2006 19:21
Reply Quote
Olof is doing sound / game design / business development at http://www.motherlodestudio.com/ . It's a startup that he formed with some friends about 1-2 years ago. So far, they are keeping a low profile.
Toffeeman
#12 - Posted: 19 Dec 2006 21:12
Reply Quote
Thank for the tunes Kalms :0)

One of my favorite tunes is Cybertoica from Clawz in the Complex - Real demo. Does anyone know someone I could ask todo a a re-track of it with high-quality samples ?

I asked on this site once http://www.amigaremix.com/main.php but got no reply :0(
Herb
#13 - Posted: 19 Dec 2006 21:45
Reply Quote
A big thanks for Wasted and the other Blaizer tunes, Kalms! You made my day! :)))

BTW, the compressor for the demo did a good job. Listening to the 44 kHz version for the first time, I couldn't hear a difference in the sound quality. Maybe I have to check it out with earphones.

And thanks for the additional info on what he's doing at present. I like his works.

Concerning the starstruck tune: Ziphoid did a "radio edit" version, without the scratchy noises in the machine room part. But I'm afraid it's not redone with the original 44 kHz version. But nevertheless, it sounds great.
Herb
#14 - Posted: 19 Dec 2006 22:02
Reply Quote
Hi Toffeeman,

One of my favorite tunes is Cybertoica from Clawz in the Complex - Real demo. Does anyone know someone I could ask todo a a re-track of it with high-quality samples ?

I suggest that you post your request at the remix64 forums, there's a subforum for requests: http://www.remix64.com/board/viewforum.php?f=6
(it's also for Amiga remixes, not C64 remixes only)

I asked on this site once http://www.amigaremix.com/main.php but got no reply :0(

The site maintainer has changed during this summer, so maybe your mail didn't receive the right person (remove the "/main.php" in the URL above to see the new look of the site). But I think that's not the main reason for not answering your mail since the site itself doesn't remix tunes. It provides only the webspace.
Toffeeman
#15 - Posted: 20 Dec 2006 02:06
Reply Quote
Thank for the advice but if you check that message board I already have:-

http://www.remix64.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=3159& sid=5df48a53684a948281bf3b2c82a59f5b

Sadly not one reply :0(
skan
#16 - Posted: 21 Dec 2007 16:58
Reply Quote
Dear Santa,

another year gone by and still no final releases for the above mentioned demos... hope is last to die, so they say... ;)

(and the list has grown: Alice Copper - hi Stingray! ;P )

...Anyway, Merry Xmas Amigasceners! \o/
may the coming year be full of pleasant surprises for you all! ;)

cheerz!

Skan
z5_
#17 - Posted: 21 Dec 2007 17:45
Reply Quote
ditto for me: happy christmas and all that :o)

(why do i have the feeling that alice copper is going to be released at tum?)
coze
#18 - Posted: 23 Dec 2007 09:30
Reply Quote
dear santa,
give us a new potion demo this year. yes, I've not been a good boy (started smoking again) but I promise I'll quit it if potion give us a new GIFT.
amen :)
z5_
#19 - Posted: 27 Dec 2007 00:48
Reply Quote
if i were allowed to dream for a moment, i wish that:

- loonies did another 64k
- Doom did a demo he is completely happy with. No doubt in my mind that it would be fantastic...
- Jamie's comeback results in a real demo someday (keep coding Jamie :o))
- the whole Ephidrena crew works hard towards a new demo and actually manages to finish it. I would sell my soul for something like this
- that Pipe, Pezac and Yomat get together for a new intro, for old's times sake :o)
- that Kiero does another 68k demo, with Azzaro on design and a truckload of talented polish wizards on 3d, music, graphics,...
- that Tulou makes another fresh demo
- that Kenny Starr ressurected Loveboat, with Cyclone on graphics or...
- Cyclone on graphics and Spin doing the code for Abyss, with Pink doing music
- Potion makes another 68k intro. Can Gift actually be beaten?
- that Kalms and TBL do another demo. Is it actually possible to do better than Starstruck?
- that Shape made a comeback with DCS, preferably with Adam on graphics :o)
- that Appendix came back
- and Embassy (come on Humanoid :o))
- and Network and /or Winden
- and while it's Christmas, how about Drareg (damn it, you left far too soon) and Peskanov
- and Azure, Boogeyman
- and i miss Encore's stuff
- and Ransom should have done new demos after abecedarian (damn it...)
- the funky swedish scene comes with fresh releases (el crew, traktor, tulou, up rough,...)
- that Airwalk starts coding again
- that Mellica actually manages to make a comeback on A500 (as his intention seems to be)

Furthermore, releases by Optima and Corial, Moods plateau, RNO, Scarab, Supergroup,....

The list goes on and on.

In fact, honestly, i wish you would all comeback/keep producing stuff :o)

Ok, back to reality again now...
blakkhar
#20 - Posted: 27 Dec 2007 16:58
Reply Quote
It seems that some of your Dreams Come True. :D
skan
#21 - Posted: 24 Dec 2008 23:23
Reply Quote
[BUMP]

Dear Santa,

another year, another round...
Not much to say or ask for (it's been a hell of a year, to be honest!), so I just hope you will bring shitloads of gifts to the right ppl (i.e.: active -and not so- Amiga demomakers) in order to raise the motivation gauge to stellar levels.
I look forward to a legendary Breakpoint09, so...

MERRY XMAS AMIGASCNERS!!! =)
z5_
#22 - Posted: 25 Dec 2008 17:15
Reply Quote
I've heard rumors about a "very small" surprise before the year ends. Nothing to be excited about though, according to the same rumors.

As for BP2009, it seems that Jamie and Skarla have set the challenge. I hope that other demogroups will take it :)

In any case, happy new year :)
extralife
#23 - Posted: 25 Dec 2008 19:05
Reply Quote
Yes z5, it looks like a very interesting year for our beloved miggys in 09, could be it got as good as 08 was for the 64 and really looking forward to see what jamie has up his sleeve this time around. Good times ahead indeed.
Happy new year and merry xmas amiga freaks from denmark :)
Corial
#24 - Posted: 25 Dec 2008 23:00
Reply Quote
Another Danish "Happy new year" from me to every Amigafreak out there. 2008 has indeed been interesting, and yes: Optima and I are progressing well with our new demo. It will be released some time in 2009, so stay tuned...

@z5: hmm, I think that you've finally finished your demo?! If that's the case: huge respect!
z5_
#25 - Posted: 26 Dec 2008 00:19
Reply Quote
@corial: great to hear that you two are working on a new demo :)

Don't know what you are talking about concerning finishing my demo though...
extralife
#26 - Posted: 4 Jan 2009 18:06
Reply Quote
speaking of santa, u might want to have a look at this z5 :) http://www.kefrens.dk/index.html?_ret_=return